This Chocolate Mousse Pie with Pretzel Crust starts with a salty/slightly sweet pretzel crust that’s filled with an amazing chocolate mousse topped off with sweetened whipped cream. It’s amazing!
I’ve been on a pie kick the last few weeks, not sure it if has anything to do with Pi Day, but I started the week off with pie so why not end it with pie, right? How about a Chocolate Mousse Pie with Pretzel Crust? Sound good? Well, it is! In fact, it’s amazing.
Oh my heck there is so much to love about his pie. The buttery pretzel crust is both slightly sweet and salty and is so perfect topped with an amazing, simple chocolate mousse. And as if that wasn’t good enough, then you top it off with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings (click here for a great tutorial). Totally scrumptious!
I just made the mousse from our favorite chocolate mousse pie and swapped out the meringue crust for a pretzel one. Kinda brilliant if you ask me.
This pie comes together so quickly, but does need several hours to chill, so plan ahead. It’s best if eaten within two days of making it, just because the crust will begin to get slightly soft and lose it’s bit of crunch.Print
This Chocolate Mousse Pie with Pretzel crust starts with a salty/slightly sweet pretzel crust that’s filled with an amazing chocolate mousse topped off with sweetened whipped cream. It’s amazing!
- 4 cups Pretzel (sticks or minis, measure, then crush)
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 large (5-7 oz) Milk chocolate bar (I use Hershey’s)
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, crush the pretzels in a large resealable plastic bag with a rolling pin or a blender or food processor (you don’t want them super fine, leave them a little more coarsely chopped). Stir in the brown sugar and butter. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, begin making the filling by melting in a small saucepan, the chocolate and evaporated milk over low heat. Stir until smooth and chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool.
- While chocolate is cooling, whip 1 cup whipping cream in large mixing bowl.
- Fold cooled chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour into pretzel crust and chill for several (at least 4-5) hours in the fridge.
- Whip 1 cup whipping cream (be sure to sweeten it with sugar and vanilla). Spread over chocolate mousse.
- Top with chocolate sprinkles or chocolate curls.