A peanut butter cookie crust, chocolate ice cream, swirls of peanut butter and peanut butter cups throughout, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie is to die for.
- 2 3/4 cups crushed Nutter Butter Cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 container (1.5 qt) Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup (heaping) creamy peanut butter
- 16 Reese’s peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped (full size, not miniature)
- In a large bowl combined the cookie crumbs and melted butter, mix well. Press evenly into the bottom and sides of a lightly buttered 9-inch springform pan. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the pie crust is chilling, remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it soften at room temperature (don’t let it thaw completely).
- In a large bowl combine the softened ice cream and Cool Whip. Stir until smooth and well combined. Fold in half the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour into the chilled crust and spread evenly.
- Place the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30-45 seconds, or until it’s smooth and pourable. Evenly pour the warmed peanut butter on top of the ice cream and using a butter knife, swirl it into the ice cream. (I like to make sure I don’t swirl it to much and leave big “pools” of peanut butter throughout the ice cream).
- Top with remaining peanut butter cups and press gently into the ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hour freezer time
- Category: Desserts