Moist chocolate cupcakes topped with a to-die-for peanut butter frosting. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes are a chocolate/peanut butter lover’s dream come true.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. . . .those words are music to my ears!
Oh how I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate! Seriously, I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. In fact, some days I’ll grab a spoon and help myself to a spoonful of peanut butter (yes, even without the chocolate). YUMMY! I’m still trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with people that don’t like chocolate and peanut butter — they must be crazy. Anyway, these are delicious!
These chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are amazing.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1–3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter (, soft-room temperature)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ((not natural))
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3–4 Tbsp. half &half ((more or less to get consistency you want))
- For the cupcakes: preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- n a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; using a handheld electric mixer or an electric stand mixer, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water. This batter is fairly thin. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack, after removing them from the muffin tin.
- For the frosting: place the confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the half-n-half and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth. Fill pastry bag with frosting and pipe onto cupcakes. Top with a mini peanut butter cup.
Recipe Source: Cupcakes: Hershey’s Cocoa Box