It’s my youngest son’s last day of elementary school today and I’m not going to lie, I’m a little sad, actually I’m a lot sad. I can’t believe that chapter of my life is over. Today I’ll drive my last carpool and say good-bye to a school that I’ve had boys at for the last 16 years, a school where I ran the book fair for years, spent hours volunteering in the classrooms and did teacher dinners during parent teacher conferences. I said a few tearful good-byes yesterday and will be there today saying a few more and then I’ll probably get in my car and cry a little more. I know, it probably sounds really stupid, but what can I say, I’m an emotional human being.
The perfect solution to cure sadness is baking, right? So that’s what I did yesterday. I baked chocolate chip cookies and lemon bars and delivered them to the faculty and staff at our elementary school. I think they are going to miss me and my treats as much as I’m going to miss all of them.
Ok, enough sad talk. Let’s talk happy things now and that would be these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars. Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. I know some people may not agree, but the combination of those two rock my world.
Theses bars are ridiculously good! I love the little bit of salty crunch from the pretzels and Ritz. I dare you to eat just one. These couldn’t be more simple to make, the hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to set up. You can throw these together in 10 minutes which may not a good thing because I may end up making these way to often.
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup pretzels (, crushed finely then measured)
- 1 cup Ritz crackers (, crushed finely)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Line an 11×7 glass dish with aluminum foil.
- In medium bowl combine melted butter, crushed pretzels, crushed Ritz crackers, powdered sugar, and crunchy peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, melt milk chocolate and ¼ cup peanut butter in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stirring in between intervals.
- Pour over peanut butter cracker mix and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has set before cutting into squares.
Recipe Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything