I couldn’t let the holidays go by without posting at least once more peppermint recipe. These chocolate peppermint bark cookies are the best of both worlds . . .cookies and the combo of chocolate/peppermint, I love them both and hopefully you will too.
Your cookie exchanges may be over, but that’s no excuse not to make these cookies. If you’ve never had a Dove Promise chocolate you are missing out. They are amazing and probably one of my favorite chocolates. The peppermint bark promises are amazing! Throw them in some chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough and you have a total holiday party going on in your mouth.
P.S. The dough is amazing and slightly addicting!Print
A chocolate chocolate chip cookies full of chopped peppermint bark, perfect cookies for the holidays.
- 1 cup cold butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp.salt
- 2¼ cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips ((Guittard are BEST!))
- 1 cup chopped Dove Peppermint Bark a Promise ((about 22 pieces))
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl mix butter and sugars, just about 30 seconds or so. DO NOT CREAM! You will still have some lumps of butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla and and mix just until eggs are incorporated. (You will/should still have a few small lumps of butter.)
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Mix until all blended together. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped Dove Peppermint Bark Promises.
- Roll dough balls by hand, making them slightly larger than normal. Pat them down slightly after placing them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 9-10 minute, DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on a cooling rack.
- Now try and control yourself and don’t eat the whole batch!
- Category: Cookies