These Chocolate Peppermint Pattie Cookies are decadent and so divine! A soft, tender chocolate cookie topped with a Peppermint Pattie and then topped off with chocolate buttercream.
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- About 22 small Peppermint Patties
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar (I use 3)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of tin foil.
- In a mixing bowl combine shortening, sugar, milk and vanilla. Mix well and add in the dry ingredients. Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and gently place a Peppermint Pattie on top, pushing down just ever so slightly. Return to oven for 3 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and let cookies sit on cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Continue beating until smooth. You can add more milk or powdered sugar to get it to the consistency you like.
- Category: Cookies