A rich, delicious, mouth-watering Chocolate Pound Cake topped with a hot fudge sauce. Try it with a scoop of vanilla or peppermint ice cream!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 pkg (12 oz) semi sweeet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs ome at a tme, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until just combined after each addition. Stir in sour cream.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 75 mins or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with hot fudge sauce and ice cream if desired.
- To make hot fudge, combine chocolate chips and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat stirring frequently for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Add powdered sugar and evaporated milk, whisking until smooth. Increase head to medium and cook, whisking constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and let cool. Serve over chocolate pound cake.
This cake will keep for several days wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and kept in a cool place or the fridge. Fudge sauce will keep for several weeks stored in the fridge.
- Category: Cakes & Cupcakes