These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, tender and melt in your mouth. Full of peanut butter, peanut butter chips and Mini Reese’s Pieces they are a peanut butter lover’s dream come true!
If you’ve followed my blog for awhile, you should know that we are HUGE peanut butter lovers at our house. We kind of eat, sleep and breathe the stuff. We also happen to consume a lot of chocolate around here, so these cookies scored big at our house the other day. My boys went a little bonkers over them. I think Zach ate half the batch on his own (love you Zach!).
What could be better? A chocolate peanut butter cookie dough filled with peanut butter chips and mini Reese’s Pieces. The dough is always my downfall and I could have eaten the whole bowl, but I mustered up some self-control and managed to bake a few cookies 😉.
Thick, soft and tender. . . eating one of these warm they just melt in your mouth.
Now I’m off to play with my mom and aunts in beautiful, warm Scottsdale, AZ. I’m sure we’ll be baking up something today.Print
These cookies don’t flatten out very much. If you want a flatter cookie, just gently press the cookie dough ball down with the palm of your hand before baking them.
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup mini Reese’s pieces
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla and continue beating until creamy.
- Add baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa. Mix until well combined. Add peanut butter chips and and mix on low until chips are mixed in. Gently stir in Reese’s pieces.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat liner. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Don’t overbake, they will look undercooked when you take them out. Allow them to rest on cookie sheet for about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Category: Cookies
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker