Light, tender and not too sweet, these Chocolate-Swirled Pumpkin Bars are absolutely amazing! Chocolate cheesecake swirled throughout and topped with mini chocolate chips.
I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but I go a little crazy with pumpkin recipes this time of year. I just can’t get enough. I could eat, sleep and breathe pumpkin. If you search pumpkin on my site, you’ll see what I mean.
Last fall I bought the Better Homes and Gardens 100 Best Pumpkin Recipes magazine and I’ve drooled my way through every single page, more than once and have yet to be disappointed with everything I’ve made.
These Chocolate-Swirled Pumpkin Bars are the latest recipe to come from that magazine and they have stolen my heart. After eating one (ok, maybe more like three or four), I filled four plates and began delivering them to friends because I had to get them out of my house. The texts I got afterwards could easily attest to how amazing these bars really are.As if the pumpkin cake wasn’t good enough on it’s own. But then you go and swirl cream cheese mixed with melted chocolate chips through these babies and then top them off with more mini chocolate chips. . . .pumpkin bar heaven!!Print
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 can (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 pkg (8-oz. cream cheese, room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15″x10″x1″ with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- To the dry ingredients, add the 4 eggs, pumpkin puree and vegetable oil. Mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, microwave 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second, stir and cook another 15-20 seconds, or until melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until smooth. Add the egg, milk and melted chocolate and beat until smooth (I use my hand mixer).
- Drop dollops of the chocolate cream cheese mixture all over the pumpkin cake and using a knife, swirl slightly to marble it. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips all over the cake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with clean.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares. Store in fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
- Category: Brownies & Bars
Recipe Source: Better Homes and Gardens 100 Best Pumpkin Recipes 2016
BE SURE AND PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS SO YOU CAN MAKE IT LATER!