If you love churros raise your hand. I don’t know about you, but my hand is raised. I love churros and apparently so do a lot of other people because I buy them by the case almost weekly for our baseball snack shacks. What’s not to love? They are cinnamon-sugar sticks of goodness.
I’ve got good news and bad news about this Churro Chex Mix. The good news is this stuff is so good. The bad news is this stuff is waaay too good. I feel like I should tell you right up front that you won’t be able to put this stuff down. It’s addicting, and I mean extremely addicting. What I’m trying to say is you may possibly make yourself sick from eating too much . . .so be careful.
This mix is the perfect combination of cinnamon, sugar, and crunch. Make this! Please! I’m fully prepared to have you either love me or hate me for posting this . . . or maybe both. My boys went crazy over this and like me, they kept gravitating to the pan on the kitchen counter. It’s naughty stuff.Print
This Churro Chex Mix is crunchy, cinnamon-sugarey, ridiculously good and absolutely addictive!
- box Rice Chex cereal ((about 10 cups))
- 1 bag ((10 oz) cinnamon chips)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Pour cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside
- In a small microwavable bowl, cook cinnamon chips and butter for 1 minute at 70% power; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Add the powdered sugar mixture and gently toss to coat. Spread out on the cookie sheets and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes.
Be really careful when you are melting the cinnamon chips. They are a bit more temperamental than chocolate chips. I recommend cooking them at 70% power for 1 minute and then just stir, stir, stir, until the mixture is smooth. If you overcook them, they will seize up and become clumpy, so be extremely careful.
- Category: Candy/Treats
Recipe Source: Oh Sweet Basil