- 2 sticks butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 to 8 oz. White chocolate melting wafers, melted (I use Ghirardelli)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter two 9-inch pie plates (for a thicker toffee use one 10-inch pie plate).
- In a heavy duty saucepan, add butter, water and sugar. Cook on HIGH heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil (it will start to become frothy). Continue stirring until mixture turns the light brown (about the color of a paper lunch sack).
- Remove from heat immediately and pour into prepared pie plate(s).
- Put in fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate wafers while toffee is setting up. Remove toffee from the fridge and spread white melted white chocolate evenly on top. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon & sugar.
- Once it has set up, use the end of a knife to “stab” the toffee breaking it into pieces.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 to 7 mins