On the 5th Day of Sugar my true love gave to me . . . . Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Today yours truly (that’s me) is sharing a super duper easy recipe.
You know those amazing cinnamon roasted almonds you smell at the malls about this time of year . . .the ones you can’t help but stop and take a sample of and then pay an armload for because that little sample you ate was not even enough to satisfy you. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Well now you won’t have to sacrifice your first born to buy some because you can make them at home. These cinnamon roasted almonds are delicious and addicting and easy as pie to make.
These almonds were another thing I demonstrated at the cooking class in our ward. The ladies were going bonkers over them. So simple to make and your house will smell AMAZING!
Another great neighbor gift, package them up in a cellophane bag with ribbon or a cute little box. . . you will be the rock star of your neighborhood if you give out these babies.
Cinnamon roasted almonds are sweet, crunchy, addicting and so easy to make just like you tet at the mall. So, so simple to make.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole (, unsalted almonds)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Add the water and vanilla and beat again until stiff. Add the almonds to the mixture and stir gently to coat the almonds. Mix the brown sugar, salt and cinnamon together. Add this mixture to the almonds and stir gently to mix well. Pour the almonds out onto the prepared baking sheet and carefully spread them out into a somewhat even layer.
- Roast the almonds for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.