These Cinnamon Roll Biscuits are all the yumminess of homemade cinnamon rolls, but use no yeast and have no rising time. ♡
- 2 cups flour (fluffed, spooned in and leveled off)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (almost melted)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons cream or half & half (depending on the consistency you like)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil and buttermilk. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until just smooth. Roll dough into a 15 x 8-inch rectangle.
- Spread the butter oven the dough. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle generously over the butter. Roll up jelly roll style starting with the long side. Pinch the seam to seal.
- Cut into 8 or 9 equal slices (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches). Place in a greased 9-inch round pan (or you can use a small cookie sheet type pan) cut side up, flatten slightly with your palm.
- Bake until lightly browned 18-22 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Frost while still warm.
- In a small bowl, beat softened butter until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of milk or cream, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Beat until smooth. Add up to 2 additional teaspoons of milk until frosting reaches your desired consistency.
- Sometimes I make these in my food processor by pulsing the dry ingredients and then adding the oil and buttermilk with the food processor running, mixing it just until the dough comes together.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breads