- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 oz) canned pumpkin
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy cream (depending on the consistency you want)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Using an electric or hand mixer, mix cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin mixing until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt, about 30-40 seconds. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.
- Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and remove from oven. Let cake sit for about 3 to 4 minutes, then drizzle with vanilla glaze.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla and cream into a large bowl and whisk together until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate any leftovers.
The number or servings of this cake obviously depends on how big of pieces you cut. You can get any where from about 20 to 24 pieces.
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Cakes & Cupcakes