It’s Cobb Salad meets Tacos and it’s a match made in heaven. These Cobb Salad Tacos are fresh, simple and seriously amazing. A fun twist on tacos.
For example, the other morning I had come home from the gym and made me a protein shake. After I finished drinking it, I opened the fridge for something and noticed the milk wasn’t there. I looked on the counter to see if I’d left it out, it wasn’t there. I checked the fridge again, thinking maybe I was just blind and didn’t see it, it wasn’t there.
So I stood there totally bewildered. Where in the heck did the milk go?
I just started opening cupboards and there I found it, sitting in the cupboard where my blender bottle goes. What’s so stupid, is I honestly don’t even remember putting it there . . . see, I told you my brain doesn’t work.
Do you ever do things like that? I seriously do, all the time. I tell my boys they need to pray for me because I’m losing it.
Anyway, these Cobb Salad Tacos were delicious. So good in fact, that my Braydon (pickiest eater on this planet) had TWO—minus all the good stuff like the tomatoes, avocados and lettuce of course. He just doesn’t know what he’s missing out on. They were a huge hit with my boys and my husband. I know the list of ingredients seems long, but they really are easy to make and come together quickly.
I’ve said it before, but I love recipes that use rotisserie chickens, it saves so much time, but you could just cook up your own chicken breasts and shred them if you don’t have a rotisserie chicken. The flavor of these tacos was fabulous. They made for a light and refreshing meal on a hot summer night and required no oven being turned on which is a huge bonus!
I hope you try these.Print
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices center cut bacon
- 2 Tbsp. minced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves (, minced)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. buttermlik
- 1 ounce blue cheese (, crumbled)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups thinly slice lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado (, chopped)
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Drain; cool in ice water for 10 minutes. Peel and dice.
- Cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble and set aside. Add green onions and garlic to drippings in pan; cook 1 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add vinegar, oil and mustard, stirring until combined. Add chicken to pan, toss to coat.
- Combine mayonnaise and buttermilk in a small bowl, stir until smooth. Add in the blue cheese.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Arrange about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; top tacos evenly with lettuce, tomato and chopped avocado, egg and bacon. Drizzle with blue cheese dressing or dressing of your choice.
Because I am the only smart one in my family who actually likes blue cheese, my husband and boys used ranch dressing instead. So if you are one of those people who belongs to the “blue cheese is disgusting club”, then use whatever dressing you would like. Also, if you don’t want to go through the step of heating the tortillas on your burner, just heat them in the microwave.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Cooking Light Super-Easy Recipe Shortcuts Magazine 2013