- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw whole almonds ((I used sliced))
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 small baking sheets or one large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, honey, oil and butter. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the warm sugar mixture over the oat mixture and toss with a wooden spoon. Toss until all of the oats and almond bits are at least moistened by the sugar mixture. Spoon mixture onto prepared baking sheets and place in the oven.
- Bake granola for 30-40 minutes, removing from the oven to toss and stir 2 to 3 times during baking. Granola is done when it is toasted around the edges and fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Snacks