This Coconut Chickpea Curry with tomatoes, coconut milk, and the perfect blend of spices, is unbelievable delicious. It’s simple, flavorful, ready in no time and always hits the spot.
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 can (14.5 oz) coconut milk (full fat is best, but lite is fine)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Basmati rice, flat or naan bread
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Stir in salt, pepper, curry powder and garam masala.
- Add coconut milk and crushed tomatoes. Turn down heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and continue to simmer for 10 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and serve with basmati rice (or any rice) and/or flat or nan bread. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. (*This would also be delicious over cauliflower.)
Chickpeas (or Garbonzo beans) are found with all other canned beans in the grocery store.
- Category: Main Dishes