On the fifth Day of Sugar my true love gave to me . . . Cookie Dough Truffles
Key word here is cOoKie DoUgH— you all know how I feel about it! I could eat it every single day, and it’s also no secret how I feel about chocolate.
Well this tasty little treat involves two of my favorite things (I feel like I should break out into song!) . . . cookie dough AND chocolate!
- 1/2 cup butter (, softened)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can ((14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 pound good dipping chocolate or candy coating ((I used milk chocolate))
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
I dipped some of mine in candy coating and some in really good quality dipping chocolate. They were both good, but I thought the ones dipped in the good dipping chocolate were even better. So it’s up to you, both work fine I am just kind of a chocolate snob and prefer good chocolate over the candy coating stuff.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Taste of Home