These Cookies & Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and chopped Oreos. The perfect cookie for all you Oreo Lovers out there. You definitely won’t regret making these cookies.
I think I may have found my newest cookie love. . . at least for the time being anyway. I mean we all know that could change by tomorrow.
Say hello to these Cookies & Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are loaded with white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and chopped Oreos. I mean come on. If you love chocolate chip cookies AND you love Oreos, these cookies are going to win you over.
I know the amount of cookie recipes on my site is a bit absurd, but cookies (and cookie dough of course) have always been one of my favorite things to make and eat. I don’t think it’s possible to have too many cookie recipes in your recipe collection. Am I right or what?
These Cookies & Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies are ridiculously good and in case you’re wondering, the dough falls in that same category of ridiculousness.
How To Make The Best Cookies & Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Make sure your butter is softened, but still slightly cold. You don’t want it to be completely at room temperature. I usually take mine out of the fridge about 30 minutes before I make my cookies. If I forget to take it out, I put it in the microwave for about 70-75 seconds at power level one.
- Cream the butter and sugars for at least 3 to 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. This will help the cookies have volume and thickness.
- All chocolate chips are not created equal, so make sure you use good-quality chocolate chips (both for the milk and white). For the milk chocolate chips I highly recommend Guittard or Ghirardelli. They are hands-down the best. For the white chocolate chips, I like Nestle or Ghiradelli.
- DO NOT overbake these cookies! Take them out of the oven as soon as the edges begin to turn a light golden brown.
- I love to have substantial size pieces of Oreos in my cookies, so I chop them pretty coarsely. You can use a large knife to chop them on a cutting board, or put them in a Ziploc back and pound them a few times with a rolling pin. I usually always go the knife route because it’s just as easy and I figure why waste a Ziploc back (lol).
Hmmm, another option . . .
- As I’m sitting here typing this post, I just had the thought that instead of white chocolate chips, you could use chopped Hershey’s Cookies & Cream candy bar in these cookies, just like I use in my Cookies & Cream Blondies (which happen to be one of our absolute favorites!). I am definitely going to give that a try. You could also use a good quality white chocolate bar, chopped into chunks, in place of the white chocolate chips. But I promise though, that if you just stick with the regular white chocolate chips, these cookies will be amazing.
I think your Monday definitely would be better if you made a batch of these cookies.
Yes, of course you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips in place of the milk chocolate chips, or you could do a combination of both. Any combination you use is going to be delicious.
Either one will work, just use whatever you have on hand. Keep in mind the Double Stuf might make these cookies just slightly sweeter because of the little bit of extra cream center they have.
Other cookie recipes you will love . . .
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker