These Cookies & Cream Oreo Stuffed Brownies are decadent and completely outrageous. A chewy brownie base, stuffed with Oreos and topped with melted candy bar! They’re insanely good!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 large yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- 16 Double Stuf Oreos
- 6 (1.55 oz) Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8 inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk cocoa and boiling water together in large bowl until smooth. Add unsweetened chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted. Whisk in oil and melted butter (mixture may look curdled, but don’t worry.) Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and continue whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated. Add flour and salt and fold in with a rubber spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Evenly place Oreos on top (4×4 row) and press Oreos into the batter.
- Bake 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely.
- Place unwrapped candy bars in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute then stir, continue cooking in 15 second increments until melted. Pour over cooled brownies smooth into an even layer using an offset spatula,.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes, then drizzle with melted chocolate, if using, and slice into squares.
Don’t let the melted candy bar harden too much or when you cut them it will break into pieces. I like to let them sit in the fridge about 8 to 10 minutes, then score the top all the way through the candy bar layer and then refrigerate for 15 -20 more minutes.
You can use a boxed brownie mix (18 oz box) if you’d like or your favorite brownie recipe. Just be sure you cut it down if you need to for an 8×8 pan.