If you’re lucky enough to live by a Paradise Bakery, I’m hoping you’ve had one of of their chocolate chip cookies. It is hands down, my all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie in the history of forever. I know that’s hard to believe because I’m always posting new chocolate chip cookie recipes, but when it comes to store/bakery cookies, Paradise Bakery’s chocolate chip cookie kicks butt! It does cartwheels over Mrs. Fields. I can never eat just one.
Not only is their chocolate chip cookie amazing, but they sell “chippers” which are basically mini-size cookies. They have an oatmeal chocolate chip one and a black and white one which is a chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips. They are both delicious and quite addicting. Because they’re so little you just keep popping them in your mouth and before you know it, you’ve downed half the box (or sometimes the whole box).
When I ran across this recipe for Copycat Paradise Bakery chocolate chip chippers I was slightly ecstatic (ok, more than slightly). I made them the very next morning and then tried to practice self-control from eating them all. Be careful when eating these, because before you know it, you’ve downed 5 of them without even blinking. Now consider yourself warned.
I bake mine more towards the 9 minute mark just because I like mine slightly soft/undercooked in the middle. If you want yours a little firmer, bake them closer to 11 minutes, but watch them closely because like I’ve said before, every oven is different. Make sure not to overfill your cookie scoop. These are supposed to be small, so if your scoop is slightly under-filled then that’s ok. Mine actually turned out slightly bigger than I wanted, but of course that didn’t stop me from eating them :). If you don’t have a small cookie scoop, just use a spoon.
Have a great weekend.Print
- 1 cup butter (, softened)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips ((I used 1 1/3 cups))
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just blended.
- Mix in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- With a small cookie scoop, place dough on an ungreased baking sheet. (Be sure not to over-fill the cookie scoop, you want to keep the cookie dough balls small. I like to run mine over the edge of the bowl to get off any excess dough).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
Recipe Source: Lil’ Luna