This Corn Pie is absolutely fantastic! Loaded with so many good things. . . two different cheeses, creamed corn, green chilies, corn meal, sour cream. It’s even better than you can imagine!
I can’t even count the number of times I’ve passed over this Corn Pie recipe in one of my cookbooks and never made it. I don’t even know what finally inspired me to make it, but thankfully I did. Best. Decision. Ever.
Definitely comfort food that hits the spot!
This Corn Pie makes for a simple, delicious dinner with literally no fuss at all. It’s simple, straightforward and absolutely fantastic!
You dump all the ingredients in a bowl, mix it until well combined and then pour it into a buttered 10″ pie plate. Toss it in the oven and then wait. This does need to bake for 90 minutes, so make sure you plan ahead.
This dish is so versatile!
- It’s perfect for a main dish, especially those nights you want a meatless meal.
- Serve it as a side dish . . . it pairs well with chicken, pork, steak, beef, etc.
- It’s a great dish to serve at a brunch, bridal shower or baby shower.
- Eat it plain or top it with sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro, extra cheese. . . anything else you can think of.
Not sure what to serve this with as a main dish? Here are a few ideas:
- Fresh fruit
- Green salad
- Fresh green beans
- Steamed broccoli (or any steamed veggies)
- Crusty bread
Can I use different cheeses?
Of course! I love the combination of pepper jack and cheddar cheese, but you can use any combination of cheeses you like. Monterey jack, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, etc.
You guys, I seriously could eat this entire pie, it’s that good!
Don’t we all love and appreciate easy peasy meals like this?
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings 1x
This Corn Pie is absolutely fantastic! Loaded with so many good things. . . two different cheeses, creamed corn, green chilies, corn meal, sour cream. It’s even better than you think! ♡
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned creamed corn
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen corn
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can ( 4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sour cream
- extra cheese
- cafe rio dressing (a little drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 10″ pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake, uncovered for 90 minutes (yes, that long!).
- Slice into wedges and serve plain or with toppings of your choice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 90 mins
Recipe source: Adapted slightly from Favorites cookbook.
We have a church picnic in a few weeks and this looks like the perfect thing to take. I wish I were your neighbor, you post such great recipes!