- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (32-oz.) bag tater tots
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the ground beef, kosher salt and pepper; cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through. Add the onion powder, minced garlic, chili powder and continue cooking 2 to 3 more minutes. Drain any grease.
- Add black beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, green chiles, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and stir into meat mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. slightly. Stir in the frozen corn and transfer mixture to a greased 9- x- 13-inch baking dish.
- Line the top of the casserole with a single layer of frozen tater tots, making sure you cover the whole thing. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over tater tots, and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 mins