These Cranberry Muffins with Butter Sauce are out of this world. A tender cranberry muffin drenched in a butter sauce that is to die for! You’re going to fall in love!!
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) (no substitutes!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line two 12-cup muffin tin with liners. (*This makes about 18 to 20 muffins depending on how full you fill the muffin tins.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in the cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin tins (fill them about 2/3 full, I use my large ice cream/cookie scoop that is about 1/4 cup).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 23 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking make the sauce by combining butter, sugar and whipping cream in a medium-size saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil, making sure the sugar is dissolved before it begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm over cranberry muffins.
Take my advice and double or triple the butter sauce recipe, a single batch just doesn’t make enough to sustain my family’s addiction to this stuff. Even if you have some left after the muffins are gone, you can pretty much put this sauce on anything, which some of us have been known to do. Sometimes I throw in a small extra handful of cranberries just because I love the tartness in the muffins.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American