Buttery, slightly sweet and studded with cranberries and pistachios and dipped in white chocolate, this Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread is divine! So festive and perfect for your holiday cookie platters.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted salted pistachios
- 8 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling
- Spray a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low speed, add vanilla and salt, mixing until combined.
- Keep mixer on low speed and add flour, mixing until combined and dough starts to come together. Add cranberries and pistachios, mixing just until combined.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan, pressing into bottom and slightly up the sides. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, score dough into 12 wedges. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar. Place tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any butter that might drip out while baking.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes, or until top is light golden and center is set. Remove from oven and with a sharp knife, recut the shortbread into wedges and let cool completely in pan.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate in 30-second increments in microwave, stirring after each increment until smooth and melted. Dip widest end of each cookie triangle into melted white chocolate and place on prepared pan. Garnish with holiday sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Category: Cookies