This Cranberry Salad has been a Thanksgiving tradition in my family for years. It was my favorite as a kid and still is. It’s sweet, slightly tart and absolutely delicious!
- 1 pkg. (12 oz) cranberries
- 2 large apples, peeled and grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pkg. (16 oz) mini marshmallows
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped (DO NOT sweeten)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Chop the cranberries using a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, place chopped cranberries, grated apple, sugar and the entire bag of marshmallows. Mix well and cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in the whipped cream (and pecans, if using) into the cranberry mixture.
- Store in refrigerator.
- You can use any kind of apple, I usually use gala.
- This has to be made the night before so the marshmallows can soften up. Make sure you don’t sweeten your whipping cream. This salad is plenty sweet from the marshmallows and sugar already added to the salad.
- I never add the chopped pecans, but if you love nuts in things then go ahead. My grandma would divide the salad into two bowls and add nuts to one of the bowls for those of us that liked the nuts in it.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: overnight chill time
- Category: Salads