This Cranberry Salsa with cream cheese is the perfect holiday appetizer. Fresh cranberries minced up with jalapeno and cilantro. It’s fresh, simple and absolutely delicious!
- 1 pkg (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- Cream cheese
- Place cranberries, jalapeno and green onions, and cilantro in a food processor and pulse a few times until ingredients are finely chopped (don’t over do it, you don’t want this mushy and over blended).
- Pour into a bowl and add sugar, cumin and lime juice and stir until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple hours so the flavors can meld.
- Place a block of cream cheese on a plate and pour desired amount of salsa over it or spread the cream cheese evenly into a shallow dish or pie plate and then spread cranberry salsa over the top.
- Serve with crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours chill time
- Category: Appetizers/Dips