On the 1st Day of Sugar my true love game to me . . . Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
I can’t believe it’s already time again for my 12 Days of Sugar. Again, like last year, I’m starting this at the beginning of the month so that you have plenty of time to dabble in some or all of these recipes.
Get your sweet tooth ready because I’ve got some yummy stuff to share with you this year. You also better get your fat pants out because you may need them after some of the things I’ll be posting.
I’m starting off with these delicious Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Who doesn’t love cookies? These cookies are perfect if you ask me . . .crispy, buttery and chewy. The sweetness from the white chocolate chips is offset by the tartness of the dried cranberries. So fabulous and will most likely get stellar reviews if you took them to a cookie exchange.
I’m still trying to figure out how it got to be December. Holy moly this year flew by, so get ready, get set and go. . . let the sugar coma begin!Print
- 1/2 cup butter (, softened at room temp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, mix on low until just incorporated. Add white chocolate chips and cranberries and mix on low until incorporated. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop onto lined cookie sheet. . Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.