This 3-ingredient Cream Cheese Sausage Dip is the most delicious dip ever. Creamy, warm and slightly spicy, it’s going to be the hit of any party. Can be done in a slow cooker or on your stove top.
This Cream Cheese Sausage Dip is probably my most favorite dip ever. I think my boys would say the same thing. We LOVE this dip! With New Year’s Eve tomorrow night, I had to finally share this dip and highly recommend it for your New Year’s Eve party!
I honestly thought everyone knew about this dip, and was lucky enough to have had it at some point in their life, but apparently I was wrong. When I made this several months ago and took it to a family get together I don’t think any of my family had ever had it. They devoured every last bite and when it was gone, it was a very sad moment. So many of them kept asking “now this is on your blog, right?” When I told them it wasn’t they were all like “why?!”
Then I made this and took it to a neighborhood Christmas open house a couple weeks ago and my friends and neighbors also went crazy over it and several asked me if it was on my blog. Several asked me for the recipe that night and our friend/Bishop asked if there was a way to get a personal text message alert the moment it hit the blog (he also asked me for the recipe that night – haha!).
This dip might seem unassuming at first, but I promise you it is one of those show-stopping party foods. You’re going to be addicted after just one bite.
There are a lot of recipes all over the web for this dip and for the most part the ingredients are the same, but the amounts of each are different. After several times of making this, I’ve gotten it just the way we like it, we think it’s perfect. Not too runny, not too thick . . . it’s just right!
CAN YOU MAKE THIS CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE DIP IN A SKILLET?
Absolutely! I just love to make this in my slow cooker because I can make it in advance, walk away, and have it ready in a couple hours when I need it. It’s also really nice to have it in a slow cooker when I take it parties, but you can definitely make it in a skillet on your stove top. Just brown the sausage, drain it, then add in the Ro-tel and cream cheese and stir over medium low heat until melted.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE DIP:
- Drain at least half of the juice of the of can of Ro-tel. I found that leaving all the juice in makes this dip runnier than we like it. I like to drain it into a small bowl and set it aside, then if I feel like the dip needs to be a little thinner, I add some of the juice back in.
- If you want this dip to have a little more kick, then use “hot” pork sausage instead of regular.
- If you’re worried about this dip having too much kick from the Ro-tel tomatoes, then you can use the mild Ro-tel.
- While this dip is good with any tortilla chips, crackers or pita chips, our absolute favorite thing to use is Fritos scoops. Trust me on this one, you will definitely want to use Fritos.
- 1 pound pork sausage (like Jimmy Dean or Tennessee Pride)
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies (drain about half the liquid)
- 12 oz (1 1/2 pkgs.) cream cheese
- Fritos scoops or tortilla chips
- In a small slow cooker (I use a 4 quart) place cream cheese and Rotel tomatoes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain. Pour over cream cheese and tomatoes, give it a good stir and then cover with lid and cook on low 2 to 3 hours stirring, a couple times while it’s cooking.
- Serve warm with Frito Scoops (our favorite ) or tortilla chips.
- Category: Appetizers/Dips