This dinner is one of those meals that just happened on a whim.
I wasn’t planning on making it. I was actually going to make BBQ turkey sliders for dinner the other night, until I stumbled across this creamy burrito casserole on Food.com, so I made it instead. Great decision.
This was so simple to make, uses basic ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry, and is absolutely delicious. Doesn’t it just scream “eat me” with all that cheesy, creamy, saucy goodness?
Layers of tortilla pieces, sour cream, cheese and an amazing beef/bean mixture . . . .totally fabulous! My boys went crazy over it and it got the “blog worthy” thumbs up from them. Mexican food is a favorite in our house and this casserole is a new favorite. There is a lot of yumminess going on in this casserole. Absolutely a great and quick take on burritos.
When you need something quick and delicious, you need to give this a try.
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week.Print
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (, chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 can rotel tomatoes
- 2 –3 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 –3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot sauce ((optional))
- 5–6 large flour tortillas
- Brown ground meat/turkey and onion; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
- Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Tear up 2-3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
- Put 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that.
- Add a layer of cheese. Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.
- Repeat the layers.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Food.com