This creamy chicken noodle soup hearty and comforting and will you cozy all night long. It’s simple to make and always a big hit with your family. Easy comfort food for any day of the week!
This soup is probably one of the most requested things at my house.
My boys request this when it’s 20 degrees outside and when it’s 100 degrees outside.
They have loved this from the first time I made it years ago and could seriously eat it every week and never get tired of it.
I found the recipe years ago in an issue of Taste of Home. I loved the fact that it was so simple and quick to make. I made a few changes to it and we have been enjoying it for years.
I’ve made it for dinner parties and taken it to friends when they’ve had babies and it always gets rave reviews!
A couple weeks ago when it went from being 70 degrees and sunny outside to 30 degrees and snow, I knew at least one of my boys would ask for this for dinner, and I was pretty darn sure it would be Taylor that would ask for it. Guess what? I was right, Taylor asked for it.Print
- 9 cups water
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4–5 carrots, (peeled and sliced)
- 5 1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, (shredded)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring water and bouillon cubes to a boil. Reduce heat so water stays at a low boil.
- Add carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and continue cooking, uncovered, until noodles are tender (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add cream of chicken soup and shredded chicken and stir until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
A lot of the time when I make this soup, I will just buy one of the rotisserie chickens from Sam’s Club or Costco, which makes this soup even quicker to make.
- Category: Soups/Chili