- 9 cups water
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4–5 carrots, (peeled and sliced)
- 5 1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, (shredded)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring water and bouillon cubes to a boil. Reduce heat so water stays at a low boil.
- Add carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and continue cooking, uncovered, until noodles are tender (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add cream of chicken soup and shredded chicken and stir until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
A lot of the time when I make this soup, I will just buy one of the rotisserie chickens from Sam’s Club or Costco, which makes this soup even quicker to make.