This Creamy Hot Chocolate is chocolatey goodness in a cup. It’s rich, decadent and absolute perfection. Topped with whipped cream and crushed candy cane. . . honestly, it doesn’t get any better this!
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- Garnishes: (optional)
- Whipped cream
- Crushed candy cane
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through (don’t let boil).
- Serve with whipped cream, marshmallows and/or crushed peppermint candy.
This can also be made in your slow cooker. Just add all the ingredients and whisk together. Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stovetop or Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot chocolate, slow cooker, beverage,
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Simple 1-2-3 Eagle Brand Cookbook