If you don’t like a lot of heat, remove the seeds and membranes before you chop your jalapenos. This makes a fairly large amount of dip, so you can easily half this if you’d like.
- 2 cans ((16 oz) cans refried beans)
- 1 8- oz pkg. softened cream cheese
- 3 finely diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ((I used sharp cheddar))
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together on medium speed using a hand mixer until well combined (or use your electric mixer).
- Spoon mixture into a large baking dish (a 9×9 or 8×8 pan works, or a 10-inch pie plate works great too).
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with feta cheese, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizers/Dips