- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 to 5 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
Whipped cream topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- In a bowl, combine crushed graham crackers and sugar. Stir in melted butter and mix well. Press cracker mixture into prepared pie plate. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl combine milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest (if using) and salt. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Pour mixture into baked pie crust. Bake 10 minutes. Cool pie on counter for 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator at least 2 to 3 hours to chill or preferably overnight.
- Beat the cream, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy and soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream evenly over the pie or dollop the whipped cream on slices. Garnish with fresh berries if desired.
Keywords: Pie, lemon, graham cracker crust, whipping cream