Homemade pesto is so easy to make, but you certainly can use store bought to make this dish even quicker and easier. If you do use store bought pesto, you will need about 1 cup.
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz uncooked Cellentani pasta noodles ((or any shape you’d like))
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Extra Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta, according to package directions.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine garlic, pine nuts and basil. Pulse a few times until combined.
- Add the olive oil slowly while the food processor is running.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor, add the grated cheese, pulse again to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add all of the pesto, half-n-half and whipping cream. Stir over low heat until combined and heated through.
- Toss in cooked pasta. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 7 minutes until pasta has mostly absorbed the pesto cream sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Category: Pasta