This Creamy Tomato Bisque recipe is amazing! It’s simple to make, loaded with veggies and is absolutely delicious! Serve it with grilled cheese . . . total comfort food! ♡
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cans (14 oz) crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in celery, onion, and carrot and sauté until veggies are soft, 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir until well incorporated. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and cover and simmer 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or a regular blender until desired consistency (be careful, it’s hot!). Pour blended soup back into the soup pot.
- Stir in 2 cups half & half with 1/2 teaspoon curry powder. Don’t let this boil once you add the half & half. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve on its own or with some grilled cheese sandwiches or good artisan bread.
- You can blend this as smooth as you would like or leave it more on the chunky side, it’s a personal preference here. I blend mine pretty smooth, just because Parker is picky about that stuff.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45-60 mins
- Category: Soups/Chili