This Crispy Parmesan Roasted Butternut Squash is a simple, delicious side dish that is perfect for any meal. It’s absolutely delicious!
After the sugar overload that took place at our house that past couple weeks, this Crispy Parmesan Roasted Butternut Squash couldn’t have tasted better.
I love butternut squash! Of all the different squashes, it is probably my very favorite. I love that it’s so versatile and you can make so many different dishes with it or just eat it on it’s own.
In case you’ve ever looked at a butternut squash and wondered “how in the heck do I even cut this thing”, no worries, just click here for a great tutorial on how to cut it.
If you’re looking for a new, delicious side dish to try for any of your holiday dinners, this is the perfect thing. I think this roasted butternut squash is absolute perfection.Print
- 1 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, sage, or basil, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 15×10-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place squash in prepared pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast 15 minutes and then gently stir squash and then roast 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese and thyme (or whatever herb you’re using) and stir. Return to the oven and roast 5 minutes or until squash is tender.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.
Recipe Source: BHG Christmas Cooking From The Heart Cookbook