These Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are so crazy delicious! They’re the perfect meal for hot summer nights when the thought of turning on your oven makes you cry.
Meals like this could possibly make you a rock star in your own kitchen. As I watched my boys shamelessly devour these sandwiches and lick their fingers, I think I can safely say I became one in their eyes the other night.
I absolutely love using my slow cooker in the summer so I can avoid turning on my oven and heating up my house. Although I pretty much defeated that purpose when I made these sandwiches because while this BBQ chicken was slow cooking away in my crockpot, I was busy baking two different batches of cookies and a skillet cake (coming soon!). . . .duh, that was kind of dumb!I’ll tell you what’s not dumb though . . .these sandwiches.
They are downright fabulous and will leave you licking your fingers and plate. The coleslaw is kind of like the icing on the cake if you ask me, but if you’re not a fan just leave it off. However, if you love it like I do, you can find my coleslaw recipe here.
I served these sandwiches with some corn on the cob and it was the perfect summer meal. Speaking of corn on the cob, I have never seen as much corn as I did on our recent trip to Nauvoo. As we drove from St. Louis to Nauvoo, IL and then on to Kansas City, it was pretty much cornfields along the roadside for hundreds of miles. It was unbelievable . . . I’ve been wanting fresh corn on the cob ever since we got home.
These BBQ chicken sandwiches are so easy peasy and absolutely delicious! Promise me you’ll make them. You won’t regret it.Print
Dinner doesn’t get better or easier than this. These BBQ chicken sandwiches are delicious. The perfect summertime quick meal.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8–1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- Coleslaw (optional, but highly recommended!)
- Place chicken breasts in your slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined.
- Pour over chicken, cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until your chicken is done and shreds easily. (May take longer if your chicken breasts are frozen)
- Remove chicken and shred and then return to crockpot and stir until coated in BBQ sauce.
- Serve on buns topped with coleslaw (if desired).
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Family Fresh Meals
I linked up at: Buns in My Oven