This Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken is fabulous. Quick, simple and incredibly delicious. This will become one of your favorites.
Sometimes it’s hard at my house to find something that all five of my boys will like. I never have to worry about my two oldest, but the three younger ones are PiCkY!! I can usually get them to at least try stuff, but sometimes even that is a difficult task.
Let me just say one word about this chicken . . . FABULOUS! It was a huge hit at our house. The best part is that even my three younger boys loved it. When they ask for seconds I know that I have struck gold and that recipe is a definite keeper.
This Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken was so simple to throw together and so yummy! Ignore the fact that there are no sesame seeds sprinkled on mine, I was out.
Note to self: buy sesame seeds one of the next 53 times you will run to the store next week.Print
Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or you could use vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional – doesn’t really add heat, just adds more flavor)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper, put into crockpot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, shred or cut into bite size pieces and set aside. Pour sauce through a strainer into a small saucepan. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil on stovetop and stir until sauce has slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Put chicken back into crockpot and pour sauce over chicken. Stir until chicken coated in sauce. Keep on warm until ready to serve. Serve over rice or noodles, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
Made this for Sunday, my family loved IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
The chicken with out the sauce is great my kids kept getting into the chicken to eat before I put the sauce on. Thanks again.