- 10 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce ((or more if you want a little more kick))
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds lean ground pork or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Return to the pot and set aside.
- For the sauce, in a medium bowl whisk together the broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground meat, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger, and cook, until no longer pink, 6-7 minutes. Drain any grease.
- Return the skillet to stove top and pour the sauce over the meat mixture. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Spoon meat sauce over cooked noodles and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Pasta