Death By Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a decadent spin on the classic zucchini bread. Amped up with cocoa and chocolate chips, it’s highly addictive and crazy delicious!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips ((I use half milk, half semisweet))
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9″-x-5″ loaf pan and dust with a little cocoa powder, tapping out any excess. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl, stir together sugar, egg, and egg yolk until smooth, melted butter and vanilla and mix until smooth, then fold in zucchini. Gradually add flour mixture, then fold in chocolate chips. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 50 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. The bread will keep on the counter, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 4 days (I do like to keep it stored in my fridge). This bread also freezes well. To freeze, cool the bread completely and wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before slicing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Breads