These Delicious Quick Dinner Rolls are soft, tender, and incredibly simple to make. They’re absolutely delicious and perfect for holiday dinners, parties or any meal.
- 2 cups warm milk (100°F to 110°F)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- Grease or line any of the following pans: one half-sheet baking pan (large cookie sheet), two quarter-sheet pans, two 13″ x 9″ x 2″ pans, or four 8″ or 9″ round baking pans
- In a glass measuring cup add milk and butter and microwave for 70 seconds. Combine the milk/butter mixture, water, sugar, salt and yeast in the bowl of your stand mixer. Stir well and let sit for 5 minutes (yeast should be begin to foam).
- Add 5 cups of flour and mix with the paddle attachment until the dough forms a rough, shaggy mass (the dough won’t form a ball at this point).
- Switch to the dough hook and add flour, 1/4 cup at a time and blend until a smooth ball begins to form. Continue mixing for 4 to 5 minutes until a soft, smooth ball of dough is formed (the dough should feel elastic and slightly tacky to the touch — don’t add to much flour!).
- Lightly spray a bowl with cooking spray and place the dough in the bowl, cover lightly with plastic wrap. Let rise for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Gently deflate the dough and divide it half. Using a knife or bread scraper cut 12 equal portions from each half (24 pieces of dough total) and shape into round balls, and place on prepared pans. (*You can also just pull off pieces of dough with your hands. I do like to weigh each dough ball just to keep my rolls as uniform in size as possible.)
- Cover rolls with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for another 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the rolls for 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter after they come out of the oven, if desired.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American