These Double Chocolate Mint Cookies are absolute cookie goodness. A thick, soft, chocolate cookie loaded with milk chocolate chips and mint chips. They’re amazing!
***RECIPE UPDATE 03/18/21***: When I posted this recipe last week, I already had a couple bags of the mint baking chips in my cupboard, but apparently they are hard to find right now. They are available on Amazon, but they’re extremely pricey. Walmart sells a Great Value Brand Mint Fudge Flavored Baking Chip or you could use mint M&M’s or Andes Mints chopped into pieces. I’m sure they will be available again around Christmas . . . sorry!!
If you love chocolate & mint together, you’re going to love these Double Chocolate Mint Cookies. A thick, soft chocolate cookie studded with milk chocolate chips and mint baking chips. It’s almost impossible to eat just one.
These cookies are going to seriously knock your socks off.
You all know how much I love cookies (and just in case you didn’t, look in the recipe index under cookies and you’ll see) and these Double Chocolate Mint Cookies rank right up there with all my other favorites.
There are a few tips/rules for making these cookies that I’ve listed below. PLEASE make sure you follow them! If you don’t, then your cookies will not turn out the way they are supposed to. Yes, the flavor will still be delicious, but the texture will be off and that is one of the things that makes these cookies stand out. They’re soft, dense with a slightly crisp outer edge . . . they’re completely decadent.
MUST-FOLLOW TIPS FOR MAKING DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MINT COOKIES:
- MIXER. You really need to make these in a stand mixer, a hand mixer just doesn’t work well with this recipe. Because you’re not creaming the butter and sugars, the dough is really thick and it is hard to incorporate the dry ingredients well enough with just a hand mixer.
- BUTTER & SUGAR. Don’t soften your butter before hand, you want it to be cold. Don’t even think about “creaming” the butter and the sugars together, just mix them for about 30 seconds or so. There will still be pebble-sized lumps of butter, but don’t worry because they will be gone by the time you mix in all the other ingredients.
- BAKING. DO NOT OVER BAKE! These cookies will still look under baked when they come out of the oven. That’s what you want! Also, don’t forget to gently press the cookies down with the palm of your hand before baking them.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS. Use Guittard milk chocolate chips if you can, they are the best ever and make all the difference in these cookies! Guittard milk chocolate chips are much larger in size than regular chocolate chips and take these and all cookies to a whole new level of deliciousness. If you’ve never used them, you’re missing out! (Yes, I stock pile them when they go on sale.)
- KEEP DOUGH CHILLED. While you have a batch baking, keep the remaining cookie dough in the fridge until you’re ready to bake the next batch.
CAN I USE SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
Yes, if that’s what you love, but the combination of the milk chocolate and mint is spot on. Also, the Guittard milk chocolate chips are double the size of regular chocolate chips which makes these cookies even more amazing. Biting into one of those large chocolate chips is heavenly!
With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, these are the perfect cookie to make. But don’t think you can only make them for St. Patty’s day . . . these cookies are so good you’re going to want to make them year round.
Be sure and tag me on instagram if you make these or leave me a comment.Print