- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dulce de leche (or you can use salted caramel, store-bought or homemade)
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, sugar, and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Mix in the flour and combine until it forms a soft dough.
- Press a half of the mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. While crust bakes, refrigerate remaining half of the dough.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from oven, and evenly & carefully spread the dulce de leche over the crust.
- Take the remaining dough out of the refrigerator and crumble evenly over the top of the caramel. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and then return pan to oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is barely golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Remove pan from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
- Dulce de Leche can be found near the sweetened condensed milk and/or down the Mexican food aisle.)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars