I’ve mentioned before my addiction to cookbooks and cooking magazines. They are just one of my vices in life, next to chocolate of course.
I love finding new food magazines to visually devour. It makes my ♥heart♥ go pitter patter.
Surprisingly, I’ve been pretty disciplined lately and have managed to leave Costco and/or Sam’s Club without any. I figured all that self-control was bound to weaken at some point, and it did the other day. I walked out of Sam’s Club with not one, or two or even three cooking magazines, but FOUR! And if I’m being completely honest with you, I actually had five in my cart but managed to put one back on the shelf. See what I mean . . . I have a slight problem. There is something completely gratifying about looking through the pages and allowing my eyes to feast on each recipe. Each page is music to my eyes (and stomach)!
These Dulce de Leche Candy Bars are one of the reasons I bought one of the four food magazines the other day. One glance at the picture and I was drooling.
These bars are completely over-the-top and take the meaning of “bar cookies” to a whole new level. In case I haven’t mentioned it before I love Skor and Butterfinger candy bars and I’ve kept it no secret how much I LOVE sweetened condensed milk. These bars have all three . . .could life get any better?
My best taste-testing friend Heather told me these are her most favorite thing I have ever made and believe me, she gets to taste most of the things I make. I took some to my friend that I visit teach and she texted me and told me I was in trouble.
I’m warning you now these are just ridiculously good. They are rich and decadent so you want to cut them small. Of course, the only problem for me was I would cut a small one, eat it, and go back 20 minutes later for another small one and then I’d to it again and again. So what I’m trying to say is be prepared to either get out your fat pants or be ready to run 95 miles. I’m apologizing in advance to anyone who makes these because you may end up hating me.
These bars are rich, decadent and sinfully fabulous!
- 3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg white (, slightly beaten)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13.4 oz) can dulce de leche
- 5 Skor or Heath candy bars (, chopped)
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (, chopped (or 10 fun-size))
- 1 cup salted peanuts or salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham crackers crumbs and melted butter. Add egg white and stir to combine. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk and dulce de leche. Pour half of the mixture over the crust. Top with candy bars, nuts and chocolate chips. Drizzle remaining half of milk mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely and then cut into desired size.
- Category: Dessert/Bars
Recipe Source: All American Cooking Magazine: Cookies, Brownies, Bars & More
I linked up at: Buns in My Oven