Egg Roll in a Bowl is a delicious one-pan dinner that is packed with flavor. Done in about 15 minutes, it’s one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make. Tastes just like an egg roll, minus the egg roll wrapper.
Oh hey there, it’s just me, poppin’ in on this Monday morning and I am super excited to share this delicious recipe for Egg Roll in a Bowl.
You all know skillet meals are music to my ears. They are so simple to throw together and they make me feel like I have my act together when it comes to dinnertime. This Egg Roll in a Bowl might just be the easiest skillet meal I have ever made.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is all of the delicious flavors of your favorite fried Chinese restaurant appetizer made into a one skillet meal! It’s quick (and I mean super quick), healthy, packed with protein, delicious and so simple to throw together.
My boys have fallen in love with egg roll in a bowl. When Parker goes back for seconds, and/or is completely bummed when the pan is empty, that’s when I know I’m onto something good.
Besides being quick and delicious, you’ll be happy to know that you don’t need any crazy, weird ingredients for this recipe.
HERE IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Ground Pork (ground turkey, chicken or beef will also work)
- Bag of coleslaw mix
- Soy Sauce
- Green onions (optional)
Egg Roll in a Bowl is healthy, delicious, packed with protein and so incredibly fast and easy to throw together.
FEW TIPS/THOUGHTS ABOUT EGG ROLL IN A BOWL:
- Most recipes I’ve seen for egg roll in a bowl, did not call for an egg. That is one of the reasons I loved this recipe is because it had an egg in it. I love the added protein, plus we just love eggs. The original recipe called for one egg, but I always use two and sometimes three. Your choice here.
- I use regular soy sauce for this recipe, but you can use low sodium if you’d like. I always start with 1/4 cup, but end up adding in about 1 to 2 tablespoons more at the end to achieve the flavor I like. I would much rather start out with not enough and add at the end, because if you add to much, then you’re stuck with very salty egg roll in a bowl (lol!)
- I love to top mine with wonton strips because I love the added crunch, but some of my boys like it without. Personal preference here.
- If you’re not a fan of green onions, then leave them off.
- I know some people don’t love a strong ginger flavor, so like the soy sauce, start with a smaller amount and add more if you want.
- I am a wimp then it comes to spicy foods, and the Sriracha in this recipe is not too much for me. If you’re worried about it being too hot, then add less or don’t drizzle any additional on top.
- You could also drizzle some hoisin sauce on top of this and it would be delicious.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from The Girl Who Ate Everything.