This English Muffin Bread makes is so simple to make and makes the best toast ever. Slather it with butter and jam and/or honey and you won’t be able to stop at just one piece.
We happen to be HUGE toast lovers at our house and we absolutely love toasted english muffins.
A toasted english muffin slathered in butter and peanut butter is about the best thing ever! I might even take one over chocolate on any given day. . . crazy, I know!
So this English Muffin Bread has very quickly become a favorite around here.
You guys, it makes THE best toast ever!
I could eat the entire loaf, but I’d have to probably fight Braydon and/or Parker for it. One of the greatest things about this bread is how quick and easy it is to throw together. Especially for a yeast bread, it doesn’t get much easier or foolproof than this recipe.
No kneading. No multiple rises. Just mix and dump.
Even if you think you’re the worst baker ever when it comes to making breads, you could absolutely tackle this recipe. It’s really so easy and I’m not really even sure how you could mess it up.
You can certainly use this as a sandwich bread, but we think it’s best toasted with butter and jam and/or honey.
Now go get busy and make this. I promise you won’t regret it.
If you’re looking for other yummy quick bread recipes, try these:
English Muffin Toasting Bread
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Lightly grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle bottom and sides with cornmeal.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda, set aside. In a small bowl or pyrex measuring cup, heat milk and water together in microwave until very warm. Add warm milk mixture to flour mixture and beat well. (You can use a stand mixer for this or a head mixer. I do it in my stand mixer.)
- Stir in enough of the remaining 1 to 1 1/2 cups flour to make a stiff batter, beating at high speed for 1 minute.
- Scoop batter into the pan and press gently to spread dough to sides and ends of the pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks. Slice and toast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breads
- Cuisine: American
This looks to be the perfect bread for toast! I am adding it to my baking list.
Hi Joanne! I hope you have a chance to make this bread, it seriously makes the best toast ever! It’s super simple to make which is definitely an added bonus. I’d love to hear back from you if you make this.
I don’t have cornmeal. Is it necessary for this recipe?
Hi Ashley! You should be fine without the cornmeal. The corn meal simply adds that English Muffin flavor/texture to the crust. I’d love to hear back if you give this a try.