These Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies are definitely not your ordinary chocolate chip cookies. With more than four cups of chocolate chips, they are worthy of their name!
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature (I use salted)
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed throughout.
- Scoop dough into balls using a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop ( 4 oz). Place dough balls on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chilled cookie dough balls on lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand if you want your cookies to not be flatter. Bake cookies, rotating cookie sheets halfway through, until golden around the edges, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.