These Fajita Nachos with Avocado Crema are made with mini bell peppers that are filled with deliciously seasoned taco meat and topped with an avocado cream sauce. They’re amazing!
I absolutely love when people find delicious recipes and share them with me. I have my son Zach to thank for finding these amazing Fajita Nachos with Avocado Crema. He struck gold finding this one and we have fallen in love with these fajita nachos.
Holy smokes these are delicious and incredibly simple to make. Mini peppers stuffed are with delicious homemade taco meat, finished off with a sprinkling of cheese and a dollop of avocado crema. These are fantastic my friends and you need to make them ASAP.
Now if you’re worried about your picky eaters, don’t be. Simply do what I did and let your picky eaters put the meat over tortilla chips or in taco shells. . . problem solved.
These couldn’t be simpler to make. All you need are a bag of mini bell peppers, ground beef (I use extra lean), a few spices, some maple syrup and cheese. I use usually cheddar cheese, but really anything would work; mozzarella, Colby jack, pepper jack, Monterey jack, etc.
toppings. . . .
Don’t forget the toppings. These fajita nachos are delicious with the avocado crema, but feel free to choose your own toppings. Any of these would be delicious!
- diced avocado
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- more grated cheese
What can I serve with these?
- rice. . . cilantro lime, spanish, etc.
- refried beans with cheese melted on top
- fresh fruit
- chips & salsa
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons green chiles, canned
- 1/3 cup water (or more if you want your meat “wetter”)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. mini bell peppers, halved
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any kind)
- fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, (small to medium size)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice (I start with 1)
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 to 5 tablespoons water (or more to get the consistency you want)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef. Break the beef up with a wooden spoon while cooking and cook the until browned and no longer pink.
Drain any excess grease from the skillet. Add chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, maple syrup, water, green chiles and salt. Continue to cook over low heat until combined.
- Cut the tops off of the mini bell peppers and then half each one and clean out the inside.
- Place peppers on baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Fill each pepper with the taco filling then sprinkle on white onion and cheese and place in oven.Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor add the avocado, lime juice, greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons of water. Blend together until smooth. Continue adding more water, one tablespoons at a time, to get the consistency you want. (I like it on the thinner side.) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve nachos with avocado crema and fresh cilantro.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Fit Foodie Finds